An official army family and MWR Site

Childcare Army Fee Assistance Program

Parks Reserve Forces Training Area (PRFTA) does not have a childcare facility. To support the community, we are developing partnerships with local childcare providers through the Army fee assistance programs offered through Child Care Aware® of America (CCAoA). Child Care Aware® of America authorizes subsidy amounts based on Total Family Income (TFI) for those eligible Army families and supplies monthly payments directly to the prospective child care provider. The Army Fee Assistance Subsidy is the difference between what the Sponsor would pay for on-post child care and the community-based child care provider’s rate, up to a provider rate cap of $1700 per child per month.

You can also download this informational brochure about the program:

How does it work?

The Army Sponsor is responsible for the DoD-established parent fees that sponsors pay on post, and any amount over the provider rate cap of $1700. If you would like more information on your parent fees, please call 1-800-424-2246 to speak to a representative at CCAoA. You can review more information on provider rate caps and fee assistance calculations.

In order to participate in the Army Fee Assistance Program, non-school age children must be enrolled in a minimum of 16 hours of care per week. School-age children must be enrolled in a minimum of 16 hours of care per week during summer break.

Army fee assistance does not cover the drop-in care for non-school age children or school-age children on breaks (winter/spring break, snow days, holidays, etc.). Care must be consistent and must have a fixed schedule.

If you need assistance in locating a qualifying child care provider, you may receive an Enhanced Referral from a member of Child Care Aware® by calling 1-800-424-2246.

Who is eligible?

Step One: Determine Your Eligibility

  • Active Duty/Deployed Active Duty
  • Guard/Reserve activated under Title 10 or Title 32 Federal orders
  • Guard/Reserve activated deployed under Title 10 or Title 32 Federal orders
  • Army Civilians
  • Guard Technicians/Reserve Technicians

Step Two: Select a Qualifying Program & Child Care Provider

  • Military Child Care in Your Neighborhood – Active Duty Soldiers, DA Civilians, Activated Guard/Reserve, Guard/Reserve Technicians
  • Operation Military Child Care – Deployed Active Duty Soldiers, Recruiter, Deployed Guard/Reserve
  • Respite Care – Wounded Warriors, Rotational Forces, Deployed

Step Three: Collect Necessary Supporting Documents

  • Orders/SF-50/DA3434
  • Spouse paystubs/school schedule
  • RAS – Retiree Account Statement for civilian sponsor and/or spouse (if applicable)
  • VA Benefit Letter / VA Award letter for civilian sponsor and/or spouse (if applicable)
  • Any other retirement or disability income (if applicable)
  • Self-certification form
  • Statement of Non-Availability
  • Provider Application documents

Step Four: Apply Online & Upload Your Documents

  • Great work! You’ve got everything ready – now it’s time to apply.
  • Apply here - CLICK HERE